Sunday, November 3, 2019

Response to Concept: 11/4/19

Even though I already wrote about negation in my previous post, I wanted to focus more on how silence affects negation. Silence is the key to negating all outside distractions and focusing on the important. Zapruder states, "It is the silence that draws me into speaking." (202) I can empathize with that greatly. When it comes to everyday situations, I tend to open up more around typically "shy" people. I feel more of a sense of comfort around those who are demure and quiet and allow space for my voice to shine. It is not to say that I am completely in my shell around loud people, but it definitely takes longer for me to open up around this kind of person. When it comes to writing, I feel the same way. It is much easier for me to be drawn into writing when it is completely silent. It is through the silence where I feel I can finally breathe and pave my thoughts onto paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment